AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Disgusting sleazy Ad!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't know if I am in the right forum and I guess I will never be able to change these ads, but i am getting disgusting ads saying "cheating for men over 40" and I am a woman who is very different than the google system seems to think that I am.

Just because I did not fill out a profile, why send me the SLEAZIEST ads?  Why not something about a car, something I might BENEFIT from seeing?

thanks, I hope my Email is attached to this so someone can help me.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Disgusting sleazy Ad!

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Sorry to hear that. Where are you seeing those ads? not all the ads on the internet are owned by Google.

Google ads are based on your interest, so if you often search or browse websites about cars, the ads you are supposed to watch should be relevant to cars.

Also,you can remove unwanted ads. In Google Search , you can block ads from specific advertisers. On sites that are part from Google's network you can choose which interests or demographic details are used to show you ads and, in some cases, “mute” ads you no longer want to see. Please, go through this link to know how to remove wanted ads: https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662850?hl=en&ref_topic=2941003

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
In addition to Ahmed's reply, you could report inappropriate ads (by Google- as mentioned by Ahmed not all ads are by Google) using this link;
https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/4578507?rd=1;
Choose "this is a violation of Adwords Policy"
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you, I already did that to prevent all the ads that I was getting about baby clothing etc, since I was tired of the ads popping up EVERYWHERE, and so I thought I fixed it so that I would be the nameless faceless individual and get generic ads aimed at everyone, maybe some soap ads or food ads, or car ads, but instead I got that but not often still it offended me, I usually get ads for cars, hiking boots, etc, thank you for your reply, and yes I have used that link, maybe I should have just been glad to get the ads for the baby clothes! Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Moshe, I did not know about the link you have given I don't think but believe me I have explored quite a few to change the ads I was getting.. I'm thinking that I should not have complained that I got so many of the same ads over and over since they were not offensive until I Made a change to get rid of the ones which were rather boring! Smiley Happy Oh yes and I did not know all ads were not by Google.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just wrote you a reply to thank you, Moshe, but I do not see it so thank you for the link to report the ads.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Just a quick addition to the above, if you're having trouble understanding which ads are Google's and which aren't. Google ads are usually displayed at the top and at the right corner when you type anything to search for in Google. They're clearly marked as sponsored.

It can also be a banner/flash/text ad on a third party website, in that case it'll be marked by the "adchoices" logo. Link below is for an image search for the adchoices logo, you should see how it looks like:

http://goo.gl/cLxTpc

I also wanted to make a final and important point. If you're receiving "pop up" ads that suddenly appear in new windows, or a continuous stream of abusive ads everywhere you go, then you might have some sort of Adware (software that serves ads in your browser) or you may have a browser extension that is injecting ads into all your webpages.

Hope that helps. Smiley Happy