AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Disapproved!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can anyone tell me why this ad is not eligable to run on the Search network??? 

I haven't been on Google for quite a while, because of crap like this, but I always ran ads like this on Search and content network??  of course there is no explanation with the disapproval!!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Disapproved!!

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

KILL in capital letters for starters

Your landing page looks like adsense arbitrage 

the domain is for sale doesn't really provide much of a user experience would you be happy if you clicked on that sponsored ad if you were looking for something that helped you lose weight ?

jhardy wrote:

Can anyone tell me why this ad is not eligable to run on the Search network??? 

I haven't been on Google for quite a while, because of crap like this, but I always ran ads like this on Search and content network??  of course there is no explanation with the disapproval!!

I would make it:

Fat and two foods to avoid

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by LauraAdEngineer (Google Employee)
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Jhardy

The wording and content used in your ads does not adhere to Google's Terms and Conditions.

Also you can not capitalise all letters of a word in a headline.

More importantly using phrases like 'KILL' is not viewed favourably. 

And if you look at the content on the site it promotes products which Google classifies as 'Illegal Drugs & Psychoactive Substances'.

I had a client that was promoting protein supplements and using phrases like 'Glutamine' and 'Creatine' disapproved all the ads. Although harmless to the general public I found those substances are dangerous to (1) Pregnant Women and (2) Anyone below the age of 16. Hence why Google are very strict the content in the adverts.

So you need to be careful of (1) The wording of your Ads and (2) At the times the keywords used as Google can trace these and disapprove your ads, and at times your entire account.

For more information read here: http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=176024

Hopes this helps.

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Good answers guys.  Thanks.

For amusement value I clicked on the link to his site.  I was amused for a different reason than I expected.  It's already been un-registered and is now owned by a registrar or domain squatter.  So much for that business model.

Laura