AdWords
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Disapproved for clarity and relevance?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I've been running variations of this ad for several years, and suddenly they're being disapproved weeks or months after approval, with the reason being "clarity and relevance".

I'm not sure how that applies to my ad, so any insight would be appreciated!

Here's the ad: https://photoshoptexteffects.com/ad/ad.gif

ad

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Disapproved for clarity and relevance?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Becuase of the white background google might be disapproving, Try either adding a faint coloured background and/or a thin border and see if that helps. Even if that is not exactly how you would like to see the ad, you will at least know if that is the problem and can then look to fix.

I know that's not what the error you're getting is saying, but trust me, and run the test

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
I think the issue is with "flashing". Flashing / blinking is not allowed.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
January 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
On my machine at home the "flashing" stopped after about three changes - this is not what I see this morning in the office where there are more changes - but the loop does appear to end and becomes a static image - if this is not the case - i.e. if it rotates indefinitely - then that will certainly be the issue.

In any event there are a few things to try here!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, I'm trying the images with a border to see if that helps.

About the animation: it loops 5 times and stops, and follows the "under 30 seconds, less than 5 frames per second" rule, so I'm not sure that's the issue. Also, I suspect that wouldn't be related to "clarity and relevance".

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@John F;

Strobing and flashing
Google doesn't allow strobing, flashing backgrounds, or otherwise distracting ads.

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176108?hl=en.

Also, you are missing a company logo;

>>"Make sure that you include your product name, company name, logo, or display URL in your promotion. For animated ads, please ensure that once the animation has ceased, the final static frame clearly displays identifying information such as a product or company name, logo, or display URL."

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6021546?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’