AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Disapproved for Shocking Content (YouTube video Ad)

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have my ad disapproved, I tried 4-5 times with different description and ad settings, it was disapproved again. So, I know it is not about the ad settings. The problem is, it is just a video game footage. Nothing is actually real and I actually target only gamers for this ad. It is not showing a lot of detail about disapproval either. Maybe if I knew exactly which part of the video is raising the flag, I could remove that part and move on. What should I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Beardy G
March 2017

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Beardy G

I checked out a couple of videos on your channel. The few I saw were all very violent games.  I saw one part where someone was hit with an ax and blood sprayed all over the screen. Another was a military type game where there was a dead body on the floor with blood everywhere. Whether it's real or not does not matter. Here are more details on how content is considered shocking: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6362085?hl=en

You may want to consider making a quick ad that promotes your channel. You've got a cool intro, and quite a bit of content.  I'd comb through it and pull clips that are not graphically violent.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Beardy G
March 2017

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Beardy G

I checked out a couple of videos on your channel. The few I saw were all very violent games.  I saw one part where someone was hit with an ax and blood sprayed all over the screen. Another was a military type game where there was a dead body on the floor with blood everywhere. Whether it's real or not does not matter. Here are more details on how content is considered shocking: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6362085?hl=en

You may want to consider making a quick ad that promotes your channel. You've got a cool intro, and quite a bit of content.  I'd comb through it and pull clips that are not graphically violent.