AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Disapproved for Shocking Content (YouTube video Ad)

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have my ad disapproved, I tried 4-5 times with different description and ad settings, it was disapproved again. So, I know it is not about the ad settings. The problem is, it is just a video game footage. Nothing is actually real and I actually target only gamers for this ad. It is not showing a lot of detail about disapproval either. Maybe if I knew exactly which part of the video is raising the flag, I could remove that part and move on. What should I do?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Beardy G
March 2017

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Beardy G

I checked out a couple of videos on your channel. The few I saw were all very violent games.  I saw one part where someone was hit with an ax and blood sprayed all over the screen. Another was a military type game where there was a dead body on the floor with blood everywhere. Whether it's real or not does not matter. Here are more details on how content is considered shocking: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6362085?hl=en

You may want to consider making a quick ad that promotes your channel. You've got a cool intro, and quite a bit of content.  I'd comb through it and pull clips that are not graphically violent.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Beardy G
March 2017

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Beardy G

I checked out a couple of videos on your channel. The few I saw were all very violent games.  I saw one part where someone was hit with an ax and blood sprayed all over the screen. Another was a military type game where there was a dead body on the floor with blood everywhere. Whether it's real or not does not matter. Here are more details on how content is considered shocking: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6362085?hl=en

You may want to consider making a quick ad that promotes your channel. You've got a cool intro, and quite a bit of content.  I'd comb through it and pull clips that are not graphically violent.