AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Disapproved adwords campaign due to "parked domain" Please help?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Disapproved adwords campaign due to "parked domain" Please help?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

I'm not totally sure what's going on here but this is interesting: "The trouble is that the whole intention of our website is to give customers a simple shopping experience where they don't have to visit multiple websites."

Tell me again how visiting homeoffashion.co.uk, clicking a product and then ending up at debenhams.com or houseoffraser.co.uk isn't visiting multiple websites?

You're technically NOT selling anything are you?  You're displaying products for other websites aka advertisements. 

I can't really dig into this but did take a quick look and that is what caught my eye.  I'm not exactly sure where you went wrong here but it doesn't appear that this is going to work on AdWords for you.

According to the policy: "Parked domain sites where the domain name resolves to a webpage displaying only advertising listings and links are not allowed" - This is really close to what you're doing - although in a clean and organized manner. 

Good Luck!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

I'm not totally sure what's going on here but this is interesting: "The trouble is that the whole intention of our website is to give customers a simple shopping experience where they don't have to visit multiple websites."

Tell me again how visiting homeoffashion.co.uk, clicking a product and then ending up at debenhams.com or houseoffraser.co.uk isn't visiting multiple websites?

You're technically NOT selling anything are you?  You're displaying products for other websites aka advertisements. 

I can't really dig into this but did take a quick look and that is what caught my eye.  I'm not exactly sure where you went wrong here but it doesn't appear that this is going to work on AdWords for you.

According to the policy: "Parked domain sites where the domain name resolves to a webpage displaying only advertising listings and links are not allowed" - This is really close to what you're doing - although in a clean and organized manner. 

Good Luck!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

To answer your question below about visiting multiple retailers. I was refering to our customers e.g. if a customer is looking for a black maxi dress they would need to visit many of the womens clothing websites that they know individually, browse through their black maxi dresses, then to ensure they find the best maxi dress they would visit a similar website they they know who sell maxi dresses and do a similar search for the best price. 

When coming to our website they can enter a dropdown menu for dresses as they usually would then select maxi dress, then filter by black, and instead of visiting multiple websites to find a dress they like they can view maxi dresses from our website from more than one retailer to save time and hopefully get the best price. Then this will simple direct the customer to e.g. debenhams or House of Fraser's checkout with the product selected.

This is the difference i'm reffering to and i hope this clarifies 

I know this is what the policy states however there are many affiliate websites e.g. go compare, Sky Scanner etc that are large affiliate websites who use adwords. 

Thanks again

Chris

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Chris,

I don't dislike your site and I get it...I really do. Unfortunately, you need to convince Google otherwise.

Have you tried contacting support yet to see what they have to say?

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&hlrm=en&answer=8206

I would start there.

-Tom

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tom

Thanks again for the reply, I was just answering your question as i thought you did not understand what i meant. 

I will definetely contact Google. I wonder if perhaps i could update the homepage content with more information about the website and the benefits of it etc, if that would help. Hopefully google can help. i also found this link which seems to offer some advice on the subject of affiliates http://www.yourincomepotential.com/ppc-adwords/adwords-affiliate-slap-defeated.html

Thanks again

Chris