AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Disapproved ad due to Editorial Standards-Spacing

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi everyone! Hope you're all well Smiley Happy

I received an e-mail from Google about a disapproved ad recently posted, and their reasons seem to be:

Ad Issue(s): Editorial Standards-Spacing

SUGGESTIONS:
Please remove the non-standard, gimmicky, or unnecessary punctuation, numbers, letters, symbols, capitalization, or repetition of words or phrases; incorrect grammar or spelling; or inappropriate spacing between words or punctuation from your ad text.

The thing is, there are no "extra" or unncessary spaces in the ad, nor excessive use of punctuation (only one full stop and one exclamation mark), symbols or capitalization or anything out of "normal" or standard...

Can anyone help me with this? Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Disapproved ad due to Editorial Standards-Spacing

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

Do use exclamation mark in the headline of the ad? if so, you can't add exclamation mark in the ad's headline.

Can you share the ad text with us here ?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Deniel,

Upto my experience, we can't use exclamation sign in Headline, but we can use only one exclamation mark in desc line 1 or desc line 2.

Hope this will help! Smiley Happy

Thanks,
Tushar

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Ahmed Ali,

The exclamation mark is on Description Line 2, right at the end. I'm afraid I can't share the ad here.

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi Daniel,

I understand that you can't share your ad. Here are the Editorial Standard Guidelines that you can cross-reference your ad text with. 

I hope that helps. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Shanea K,

I have already been through the Editorial Standard Guidelines with my colleagues and we're not doing anything that they say not to do. I guess it's just Google being moody as usual... Thank you for your suggestion anyway!