AdWords
6.4K members online now
6.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Disapproved ad due to Destination mismatch

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been told that my ad can't run because I have violated destination mismatch rule. I put my website URL in the ad. That URL goes to my website. There are no redirects or anything else. I can't figure out why Google gave me this message.

I do have another domain name with my company name on it. I am going to court to get back that domain name from an unscrupulous company that was the webmaster of my previous website. I had to get a new domain name until the court settles the matter and returns my original domain name to me. 

I am trying to do an ad for the present website. I will be taking down the old website as soon as the court returns its verdict. 

What do I need to do to resolve this problem?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Scott W

is it possible that your Display URL is the old domain, and your final URL is the new one? If so, that's what is causing the error.  Whatever you have in your Display URL has to match the final URL.  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi David,

I have the same query... however my display URL is the same as the final url.. still the ad got disapproved, what could be the reason there?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

Please refer to this detailed information regarding destination requirements with AdWords. 

Kind Regards,

James