AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Disapproved ad because of Site Policy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Could anybody please let me know that what is the Site Policy Issue. My ad is disapproved because of this error. See the below email from Adwords.

Site Policy: We've determined that your site doesn't comply with our
site policies. Because of this, any ads promoting this site have been
disapproved.

Thank You in Advance!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Disapproved ad because of Site Policy

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Riyadh,

There is a pretty number of website policies that you have to comply with when running an ad on AdWords. If you violate any of them, the adverts promoting the site might get disapproved. Some of the rules are country specific.

So that we can help you more could you perhaps specify the website you're trying to promote?

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Lakatos,

Thank you for the reply!

My website is www.eyeofriyadh.com. Please have a look and let me know what can be the problem, So I can fix it.

Thank You!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Riyadh,

I would not like to say that you have too many ads but they are pretty large image ads which cover a considerable percentage of the homepage. Also: the upper DAMAC ad is very prominently positioned above the fold. I would probably be playing with cutting back on advertisement area and keeping the ads below the fold..... till Google accepts it. I think it's just a matter of finding the right proportion.

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Lakatos,

So according to your opinion this the reason and it is the "Site Policy" Voilation? I did many campaigns on Google Adwords for the same website pre month , it was fine at that time.

Please give me a Suitable suggestion what should I exactly tell to my developer.

Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello Riyadh;

In addition to Lakatos' answer, I would say, that this site violates the information harvesting section of the Policy. ( A site that its primary goal is to collect personal information, without a substantial content) :

">> Google AdWords doesn't allow websites whose primary purpose is to collect personal information. This includes but is not limited to websites offering free gifts or other incentives in exchange for personal information. We refer to this practice as "information harvesting."

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Guys,

1. As a very rare occasion, I slightly disagree with Top Contributor Moshe in regard to the newsletter signup box which I can't see as a severe violation, however, I'd probably move it under the fold, too.

2. Algorithms are unable to catch each and every violation but this time they did. Yes, Riyadh, I think that a too large ad area is the issue. 

>> give me a Suitable suggestion what should I exactly tell to my developer <<

This forum is serving an exchange of opinions and that's what I shared with you, Riyadh. However, I am not going to take a job with your company hence working out itemized instructions for your developer will be your responsibility.

Thanks for your kind understanding.

Best,

Lakatos

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Ohh..

Don't get me wrong; I completely agree with Lakatos. My answer was in addition to the reasons (for suspension) discussed by Lakatos.!

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’