AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Disapproved ad - Unverified phone number

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm regularly getting ad disapprovals with one and only reason "Unverified phone number". I tried everything to match the policies about the same. Sometimes, it gets approved after 2-3 weeks. My new ad copy got disapproved recently for the same reason and I'm not sure what to do now. Please advice!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sanjay K
October 2016

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

One thing you may want to do is make sure the Email address you use for Adwords is also verified and claimed for the Website you are advertising for the Google Webmaster Tool/ Search Console, and then under "Linked account"   make sure you link from adwords to the Search Console property.

Google uses the Search Console verification - linking as part of their approval process for Phone Numbers etc.

Google provides two ways to verify your Call Extension phone numbers:

1. Ensure the phone number used in your extension appears in text on the website featured in your ad.
  2. Link your Google Search Console (formerly known as Google Webmaster Tools) to your AdWords accounts, 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sanjay K
October 2016

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

One thing you may want to do is make sure the Email address you use for Adwords is also verified and claimed for the Website you are advertising for the Google Webmaster Tool/ Search Console, and then under "Linked account"   make sure you link from adwords to the Search Console property.

Google uses the Search Console verification - linking as part of their approval process for Phone Numbers etc.

Google provides two ways to verify your Call Extension phone numbers:

1. Ensure the phone number used in your extension appears in text on the website featured in your ad.
  2. Link your Google Search Console (formerly known as Google Webmaster Tools) to your AdWords accounts,