AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Disapproved Adwords Account - Parked Domain

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My Adwords campaign is being disapproved because of a site policy violation. The reasons noted is 'Parked Domain'. I'm not really sure why my website is being categorized as 'Parked'.

The site is active, meaning - I have multiple web pages rather than a static page with bunch of advertising links. Currently the URL to my root domain is pointing to a subdomain within the site (landing page). The landing page is hosted with UnBounce. Additionally, I've added unbouncepages.com to theCNAME settings of my domain.

Any ideas on what might be causing me problems?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Disapproved Adwords Account - Parked Domain

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Sterlin B

are you able to disclose the website you are trying to advertise?  I think it will be easier for community members to help you if you can.  Off the top of my head I'm thinking it could be a DNS update issue if this is something you recently setup. If that's the case it's just a matter of waiting a day or two and then trying again.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi David, the website is alphabride.com, but the ad is pointing to brides.alphabride.com/wedding-budget-solved/.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

@Sterlin B

Thank you for sharing that. I do see that it shows that information in your WhoIs record was updated today. It could be that Adwords bot is still seeing some kind of park page that was associated with it before you changed things.  This would surprise me because in my opinion Google has the fastest DNS there is. I use Google DNS instead of my ISPs because my ISP can literally take 72 hours for it to recognize updates.

I think you have an attractive landing page, but there is one thing I notice that could be causing the issue.  The user can really only do two things. That is fill out the form, and watch a video. There is nothing else for them to navigate to like an about page, a contact us page, etc. I don't believe the external links to Huffington Post, etc. will count. I know you want them to fill out the form, but Google likes landing pages to have a good user experience. Offering the user options is a core principle of this.  I've read that these kind of landing pages actually violate Adwords policies, but I've never seen specific language addressing it.  

I am going to page @MosheTLV for you because I think he understands this better than I do. He is in Tel Aviv, so it may be tomorrow morning before you hear back from him. In the meantime you might try adding some links to other internal pages on your site like the examples I gave. Another thing to consider since you are collecting information is a privacy policy page.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Thanks @David Kyle;

@Sterlin B;

Your landing page violates many sections of the Policy. The first and foremost is the information harvesting section. Its main goal is to collect personal information (i.e. Users' email) 

In addition, the business model is not clear:  no pricing plans in place, and I can go on and on (which is beyond our scope here)

You'll have to redesign the page and set a clear business model.

Note; since this landing page is only one page within the domain, you must fix the whole domain. The whole domain has to comply with the policy.

You have a lot of work fixing this site...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’