AdWords
6.1K members online now
6.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Disapproved Ads - is Glutamine the culprit?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi There

We are having troubles with our ads being disapproved after running unchanged for a few years now.

We are a Health Food Store and only sell products which are legal in Australia and we are careful with the claims we make on our website.  We have removed several products that Google have disapproved, including anything on the "banned substance" list.  The one word which is possibly tripping us up is Glutamine, we do not use this word in any of our advertising, but we do sell products which contain this ingredient (perfectly legal and mainstream).  

I can not see Glutamine listed on any of the banned substance lists, but have been told by a Google consultant that it is banned.  Can anyone shed any light on this for me please?  Is this the reason our ads are being rejected?  Is there any way around this?

Many products in our store contain this as an ingredient and it's just not viable to remove all these (harmless) products.  I would appreciate any advice.  

Thank you!  

ETA - To clarify, this is the message we're getting:

Ad status: Disapproved
Ad Issue(s): [Healthcare and medicines] Unapproved Pharmaceuticals and Supplements

We do not require Pharmaceutical Certification in Australia, we do not sell pharmaceutical products.....

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Disapproved Ads - is Glutamine the culprit?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Vitamin S; ;

My experience: there shouldn't be an issue with Glutamine as a food supplement;

What is disapproved? The ads, or is  the site   suspended?

Please  share the website URL.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi MosheTLV
Thanks for your reply. 12 ads disapproved, site not suspended....
www.vitaminshoponline.com.au
None of the ads in question make mention of any "banned substances".....

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Vitamin S;I looked briefly at your site. (As much  time as I can allocate as a volunteer)

There are several issues here:

Based on my experience the main issue  is the claims made:

for example:

>>>Shown to play a vital role in reducing body fat and increasing muscle tone according to human clinical studies, and laboratory testing"

And 

>>"Practical way to help reduce body fat and improve long-term health prospects".

And many others on the site.

Furthermore, your site has other violations (e.g. Non SSl pages when collecting personal information)

Bottom line, my view,  this site has to be revamped, and fixed for both content and structure,

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Glutamine is banned for sure. Even though it is perfectly harmless according to the european and us law like FDA. Google has its own regulations.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, 

I undderstand that this thread is a bit old but did you managed to fix this issue? We're a similar brand to you I believe: https://morlife.com

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.