AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Disapproved Ads but Google suggests wrong URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've set up a new ad with the destination URL of www.greataussiesales.com.au.  Im using a tracking link with the extension http:tkr.eurisko.com.au/-->  to redirect users onclick to the landing page URL www.greataussiesales.com.au.

This ad has been disapproved saying 'Ad Issue(s): [Display URL] Inaccurate Display URL'.  It goes on to recommend that I update the destination URL to eurisko.com.au.  Sure this is incorrect as the eurisko domain is the tracker and not the landing page.

How do I go about fixing this?

Thanks

MIKE

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Disapproved Ads but Google suggests wrong URL

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mike, and welcome to the forum.  I'm not sure I understand you correctly.  You have a new Ad, with the Display URL set to greataussiesales.com.au and the Destination URL set to trk.eurisko.com.au, which redirects to www.greataussiesales.com.au?

If this is the case there should be no problem.  Redirects are permitted for tracking as long as the final landing page has the same domain as the Display URL.

The message about changing the Destination URL confuses me as it suggests you have the eurisko.com.au tracker as the Display?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Mike,

In addition to what Jon pointed above, I would like you to go through the Display and Destination URLs policy, so that you know what you are actually missing while creating the ad copies. Below are the policy links:

Display URL Policy

Destination URL Policy

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Often, the landing page is simply broken and may be the reason for disapproval.

Click on your link, or copy it into your browser and see what happens.