AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Disapproved Ads after upgrading to Final URLs

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey there, I have recently switched my Destination URLs to Final URLs but noticed that most of my ads got disapproved. The error message just says: ‘Invalid HTTP response code’ but the URL hasn’t changed, it just doesn't include the individual tracking parameters anymore as these are managed through the tracking template. Once I switch the Final URLs back to Destination URLs my ads get approved again. Any ideas why this might be?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Disapproved Ads after upgrading to Final URLs

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Merina,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

Have you tried testing your Final URL after the implementation? Here's a screengrab. Go to your Ad and click it to edit...

test-tracking-upgraded-url-ratan.png

Even when you do not have any Tracking Template at the Ad Level, hit the TEST button. What do you see here? Does it say landing page found?

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Ratan,

Thanks very much for the speedy response. When I hit the test button it says 'Landing page not found' which doesn't make sense because the landing page works fine and the URL doesn't differ from the previous destination URL (minus utm parameters and phone codes). I'm clearly missing something in the Final URL?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Marina, 

It means there's is something wrong with your tracking template which making URL malfunction. Could you share it here? Your Final URL (you can replace it with example.com here) and the tracking template you are using?

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ratan,

Just to give a generic example: www.example.com/?url={lpurl}&phone={_phone}
Is there anything wrong with this format?

Thanks,
Marina

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Marina,

I believe Yes, there's something wrong in this. 

Tell us your exact destination URL which you have at the moment. You can replace the website name with example.com. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Ratan Jha,

Thanks a lot. Turns out there was a problem with the tracking template which should read {lpurl}?phonecode={_phonecode}. Seems to be working fine now.

Thanks for your help!
Marina

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Thanks for the update Marina. 

All the best! Smiley Happy

Thanks
Ratan Jha