AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Disapproved Ads Problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me - I'm running the AdWords campaigns at the moment for a small company (I'm very new to all this!) and at the top of my screen it has a yellow warning that says 'Ads Disapproved (10)' but when I click on the warning, the filtering doesn't show any ads that are disapproved. I've tried filtering it myself and I've also double checked all our ads and none of them are showing as disapproved.

I'm probably just making a rookie error but if someone could point me in the right direction I'd be most obliged!

Thank you!

Johanna

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Johanna H
September 2015

Re: Disapproved Ads Problem

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Johanna,

Welcome to the Community!

You may need to change the "view" settings to ensure that you're seeing ALL ads/campaigns etc...

Just under the Campaigns tab, you'll find a dropdown menu, I would set this to "View All Campaigns" as well, you can do the same on the Ads tab.  The disapproved ads could be paused and not being displayed under your current settings.

You can also enable the "Policy Details" column in your interface to gain a little more insight into why your ads are disapproved.

From this page: https://support.google.com/adwords/certification/answer/2580392?hl=en

Here's how to enable the Policy details column:

Go to the Ads tab in your account.
Click the Columns button in the toolbar above the statistics table.
Click Customize columns.
In the Attributes section, click Add next to Policy details (not downloadable).
Click Apply.

Please let us know if this helps and/or if you have any further questions or trouble locating the disapproved ads.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

On the ads tab there is a Policy column that should include / show the reason for ad-disapproval

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Johanna H
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Johanna,

Welcome to the Community!

You may need to change the "view" settings to ensure that you're seeing ALL ads/campaigns etc...

Just under the Campaigns tab, you'll find a dropdown menu, I would set this to "View All Campaigns" as well, you can do the same on the Ads tab.  The disapproved ads could be paused and not being displayed under your current settings.

You can also enable the "Policy Details" column in your interface to gain a little more insight into why your ads are disapproved.

From this page: https://support.google.com/adwords/certification/answer/2580392?hl=en

Here's how to enable the Policy details column:

Go to the Ads tab in your account.
Click the Columns button in the toolbar above the statistics table.
Click Customize columns.
In the Attributes section, click Add next to Policy details (not downloadable).
Click Apply.

Please let us know if this helps and/or if you have any further questions or trouble locating the disapproved ads.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi MosheTLV,

Thank you for your reply, I'll have a look at that.

Johanna

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tommy,

Thank you for your reply! Most thorough & really helpful! I've added the policy details column to my view and changed it to include all ads, rather than just enabled and it's shown up the 10 ads. Thank you!

This is a bit beyond the scope of the original question but I notice a number of the ads that have been blocked are product listing ads, and don't have any reason beside them. Do you have any idea why they might have been blocked? Should I just delete them, so they don't cause any problems?

Thank you for all your help!

Best,

Johanna

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Again,

I'm not positive what the reasons could be.  I prefer to try and correct the issues myself before deleting ads.  The deletion is not a true deletion in AdWords due to the need for historical data.  You'll still see that disapproved message when the ads are deleted.

This policy may cover what you're dealing with:  https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2457071?hl=en&ref_topic=1626336#

We cannot access accounts here, a quick call to AdWords support could clear this up for you.  

Good Luck!

-Tommy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tommy,

Thank you for your reply and for your help. That's good to know, I'll definitely try to fix them before resorting to deleting them.

Thanks again, your input has been really helpful!

Best,

Johanna