AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Disapproved AdWords-website issues

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Google Team, community. I was helping my uncle with his first website and AdWords campaign. Unfortunately, the ad was disapproved for the following reasons:A) Destination experience, B)Destination not working, C)Site violates policy.

That's all the details I got. I took the ad down but you can visit the site Northjerseyplumbers.com

I called the AdWords rep to get more feedback. After he suggested to resubmit the site twice and nothing changed. he suggested to try "revising the site and or try adding more original content". I'm not sure if anyone else can help me understand what's wrong with the site. A) the site is up B)in my opinion it's elegant and digestible...my uncle wanted the content to be simple. Finally, am I violating any Google policies? If so I'm eager to fix it, just not sure where to start. There may be som other underlying reason/issue in my SEO, because the site is still not appearing in Google search.

Just FYI. I'm just starting with web design and SEO. I'm using software to put the site layout together. I'm not a developer, but I'm sure I can improve the site and SEO myself. 

Any help would be much appreciated. T

3 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Tomas K

Can you confirm that you have entered the Final URL correctly? When you click on the disapproved ad does it take you to the site?

I checked the header response of the site, and it is returning a 200. Therefore it should not have a problem.  C doesn't make since if it is reporting B, unless it means that a non-working site is considered a violation of policy. Where are you seeing these reasons? In the status bubble, or have you enabled the policy details column as shown on this help page? https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704381?authuser=0  Is it possible for you to take a screenshot?

Your site looks fine. The only thing I noticed is that it is a one page site.  That shouldn't be enough cause for disapproval, but it's not something Google Adwords likes.  The reason is that it doesn't make for a good user experience.  It can be interpreted that one page sites are attempting to force the user to do something, and are not giving them any options.  It would be better to create a separate page for each menu item instead of anchor links that scroll to a certain part of the page.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

the site seems to be collecting user-data from a non-secure page --

that is one issue that may trigger such a site policy-violation flag.

as to destination-experience and site-not-working --

https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fnorthjerseyplumbers.com%2F&...

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

@Celebird

re: user-data  
I believe that only applies to sensitive personal data like credit cards, ssn, etc.  It's not necessary for the typical name/phone/email form.

re: page speed

I've got a site live on Adwords now that has a worse score due to the awful ecommerce platform they chose. (Lemonstand) Wouldn't make sense that it would flag it as not working when the page speed tool definitely confirms it is working.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

(a) there was no indication that the data-collection

was or was not necessarily allowed -- simply that

that may have triggered a policy flag.

(b) if a site does not respond fast enough to all

google's requests, that may trigger not-working

or destination-experience flags -- in addition to

a site's lack of content.

that said, google is the final arbiter of all policies --

if a site seems to have been improperly or inadvertently

flagged, simply request a re-review; if the issues were

flagged in error, google will simply approve the site.

note that there are usually a limited number of re-review requests --

so be certain to carefully review the exact status of the ads, website,
and ad-account, and any original status-email sent from google, before

making any changes and before contacting google for any re-review.

posting such specific information here in the forums,

may allow others to offer more specific suggestions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a lot David. I appreciate the feedback. I believe the three reasons showed up in the status bubble. I took the ad down so unfortunately I can't take the screenshot. But I got your point and will include some additional pages in the site and take it from there. Best! T

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Celebird. I'm going to work on the content some more and try again. I resubmitted the site already with the Adwords tech and since it didn't go through again, I decided to take the ad down and start from scratch once I'm done. I doubt this would have any effect but would a hosting provider matter when it comes to some errors. Mine is Dot Easy from Canada. I hope Google is cool with that. Anyway, will try working on the site first! Thnx T

Re: Disapproved AdWords-website issues

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

I agree with the corrections / comments  made by the Clelebird and Davis, but this should not have suspended the site.

1. What is the exact status: is the site disabled / suspended? OR only ads disapproved?
  2. If suspended: What was the reason for suspension mentioned in the email received from Google. (Look for this email - it is the key for understanding the issue)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’