AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Disapproved Ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Can you tell me why we need an online pharmacy certificate to have our ad approved? We have been using Adwords for 5+ years now, and have never had an ad disaproved.

www.wysong.net sells holistic petfood and supplements.

Rich van Buren
Wysong Corporation

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Disapproved Ad

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I think the issue is with the claims made for the food supplements offer you;

Google AdWords doesn't allow the promotion of the following pharmaceuticals and supplements, irrespective of any claims of legality:
"Non-government approved or non-prescription products that are marketed in a way that implies that they're safe or effective for use in preventing, curing, or treating a particular disease or ailment"

I will ask Google to recheck the issue;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Ohhh...I see now that you are selling also Rx veterinarian medications;
Are you a pharmaceutical manufacturer?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We are not a pharmaceutical manufacturer.

Our Rx diets are not sold online. They are only listed/displayed. Prescriptions for the diets are written by veterinarians and submitted to Wysong. That’s the only way that we sell the Rx diets. It is how the prescription pet food industry works.

Our Adwords campaign and the product line that is being promoted within that campaign is not prescription, and has no ties to our Rx line.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello again;
There are a few issues here to address;

https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/2897541?utm_source=policyhc&utm_medium=contact_pha...

I would advise, that you would review  all requirements in the healthcare and medicine section of the Policy;

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176031?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you.

We have submitted the Pharma application.

Regarding our supplements, if we connect the following disclaimer to those kinds of statements, are the concerns resolved?

This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Removing the statement of purpose from many of our supplements would render the product descriptions meaningless. How else are we to describe a supplement that functions exactly as stated, and has been doing so for nearly 20 years?

We would like to resume our Adwords campaign as soon as possible, and look forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hello again;

My view - the disclaimer would not suffice, since the Policy is clear :

>>"Non-government approved or non-prescription products that are marketed in a way that implies that they're safe or effective for use in preventing, curing, or treating a particular disease or ailment"".

So your claims will have to be removed / revised. -That's how I see it. (I might be wrong, though)
However; I would suggest to (first)  get an approval for the "pharma informational site" - this is a higher barrier to cross.