AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Disapproval status says "site not working", but it is

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!
The following site: http://wintertransfers.com is on and running. Still, in Google Adwords the ad is disapproved and the reason says "Site is not working".
I've resent it for review - still says the same.

What might be the reason?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Disapproval status says "site not working", but it is

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Winter T

From the Ads Tab, go to Columns > Modify Columns > Attributes and then add Policy Details to the view. Now save it and check the Policy Details columns. What do you see as the reason for disapproval? 

Share it with us here. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Twitter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

Here's what it says:

Site suspended Site violates policy
Site policies: Site not working

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Winter T

I have tried opening the site and it works for me. But it does not mean it works for Google as well. What does the suspension email say? Does it say the same?

I would advise you to cross check the website URL you are entering in the ad. And also, if you are any using tracking with the ad, make sure it's working. 

PS. Is this is the first time your account has been suspended?

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Twitter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello and thanks for the reply.

Yes, this is the first time the site is suspended. 

The email says: Site violates policy: We've determined that your site doesn't comply with our site policies.

That's all. The site was online 1 year ago, I used Adwords successfully at that time, then it was stopped for almost a year. 1 month ago I activated it again and started an Adwords campaign and from the very beginning the ad was disapproved. I've changed texts in the ad, also in the site itself - with no luck.

I've also written to Google, believing the ad is disapproved by mistake and I'm waiting for an answer - eventually.

I've checked the URL, written it with and without www in front, and I'm not using any tracking.