AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Disapproval of a basic perfectly legal ad?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For example an ad that has the word 'dollar' in it is disapproved with the reason that it is a 'Trademark' ? Obviously, those at Google in charge of making these decisions cant know much about IP law... So how does one resubmit an ad for review by someone that knows the difference between commonly used words/phrases and Trademarks?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Disapproval of a basic perfectly legal ad?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello John ! Welcome to the Community !

Please read the following thread, it might be of some help to you ;

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Ad-Approvals-and-Advertising/Ads-not-Showing-Dollar-sign-is-...

A Googler writes : 

"

Dollar is a trademark term in a lot of countries but only for the car rental industry. 

If you ads are not connected to the car rental industry I recommend calling us because we might have made a mistake when reviewing the ads. "

In the future, you can search for similar problems in the community, chances are they already received solutions, use 2-3 words in the search engine from the top of the page.

Re: Disapproval of a basic perfectly legal ad?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi John,

It's important to remember that most disapprovals are triggered by bots and flagged for review - I my experience this review can be a long time coming unless you call Google.

Get in touch with your local office and most likely your ads will be manually reviewed and approved.

We need to cut Google some slack - imagine the number of ads that are presented every day... there is no way that the approval process could be manual - there has to be an element of automation and the most effective way to do that is to flag certain words in the text.