AdWords
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Disapproval for Adwords Account on (Display Network)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can the "country blocking option," that I have checked be the be the reason I am getting "disapproved?"  But all of my text ads have been approved, (same URL directs) - Wordpress has a problem being hacked and I have blocked certain countries that were causing problems trying to log into my sites admin. I really don't want to Unblock certain countries.  I am a local business and need no one in Nigeria trying to look at my site or login to the backend of my site.  

Message I have received:

====================
Disapproval Reason
====================
[Destination URL] Destination URL Not Working: To ensure a good user
experience, we don't allow ads to link to pages that are under
construction, are down for maintenance, or that require another program
to be used in order to view the page. For example, your destination URL
may not link directly to a PDF, Word, or PowerPoint file. Additionally,
your landing page must work for all browsers, across all locations.

For more information about this policy and instructions to fix this
problem, please see:
http://adwords.google.com/support/aw/bin/static.py?hl=en&topic=1310863&guide=1308145&page=guide.cs&a...
--------------------

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Disapproval for Adwords Account on (Display Network)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

HelloZZelby;

Let me see If I correctly understood you;

When your destination URL is a webpage on WordPress, the ad is disapproved?  - Am I correct?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have one site - it is wordpress -  I have two types of ads #1- google network display and #2 the regular "text ads."  

both ads are pointed to one URL -  the google network display ads are "disapproved,"

the text ads - are approved and up and running

WHY can I not get my google display ad campaigns to get approved?  It says' the destination URL is not working  But, it seems to work just fine on the text ads.  

I do have a plugin called "vaultpress," installed on my site for security.  This security plugin has an option for "country blocking," which I use, to block certain countries after several hack in attempts. 

Hence, it might be that the URL blocks certain IP addresses? which is a google ad "no no,"  I haven't blocked any particular IP addresses but, I have blocked certain countries from being able to view my site.  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

MosheTLV wrote:

HelloZZelby;

Let me see If I correctly understood you;

When your destination URL is a webpage on WordPress, the ad is disapproved?  - Am I correct?

I have one site - it is wordpress -  I have two types of ads #1- google network display and #2 the regular "text ads."  

both ads are pointed to one URL -  the google network display ads are "disapproved,"

the text ads - are approved and up and running

WHY can I not get my google display ad campaigns to get approved?  It says' the destination URL is not working  But, it seems to work just fine on the text ads.  

I do have a plugin called "vaultpress," installed on my site for security.  This security plugin has an option for "country blocking," which I use, to block certain countries after several hack in attempts. 

Hence, it might be that the URL blocks certain IP addresses? which is a google ad "no no,"  I haven't blocked any particular IP addresses but, I have blocked certain countries from being able to view my site.  

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Is the Google display network (that is not approved) is a picture ad?

Can you share the ad with us? (Give a link to see the ad)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’