AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Disapproval Reason: Clarity and relevance (with sample image ad)

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm new to Ads. Below is the sample ad that has been disapproved twice.

1. I already removed the 'best' word text from the previous ad

2. I matched the texts with in my landing page : <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Sample ad: <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

(I'm having problems uploading an image here)

And still disapproved

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines, in order to remove inaccurate links.
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Disapproval Reason: Clarity and relevance (with sample image ad)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
You did not post the sample ad which was disapproved. That way, I beg your pardon, your entry looks like self promotion.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That's the sample ad above sir which was disapproved. So how do I improve it?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
The first URL is an e-book. The second one links to a member login page.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Lakatos, perhaps you can help me out. I got the following rejection below:

=====================
Policy violations
=====================
Unclear relevance: Your ad has been disapproved for violating our Unclear Relevance policy. Your ads need to lead users to relevant content that accurately reflects the business, product, or service that's being promoted on your site. Examples include use of keyword insertion feature without a relevant "default" keyword in place, or an ad title that’s not relevant to the ad text. Please edit your ad to make it easy to read and specifically related to what's promoted on your landing page.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi John,

Assume the ad copy relating to the e-book was rejected as quoted above.

Let's take an example: "Shop for ebooks at our great megastore. Great online deals!" That text ad clearly lets users know what they can reasonably expect if they click on it, therefore it would be approved by Google for sure.

If you deceive users or use opaque language in your text ad, it may result in a poor user experience that Google cannot approve of.

Best,
Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Well I wasn't trying to deceive any user. In fact, the ad I have seems completely simple and straight forward. Can I send it to you so you can see? I really do not see why it's not relevant. I'd cut and paste it here but I don't want the business (my client)'s info public via this site. Let me know.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Forum members are not supposed to engage in private conversations, and my status does not allow it either.