AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Differrents users linking to same URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,
I recently set up a mutishopping platform where you can find 100 differents shops within.
This website has the different shops located under the same url (www.maindomain.com/nameoftheshop)
Each shops would like to advertise separately in Adwords. So here is my questions.

Can a different Adwords users advertise the same or similar url or Google will ban these accounts?

In the case of being banned, the solutions could be to set different campaign for each shop under the same user?

Thank you very much!

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
June 2016

Re: Differrent users linking to same URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 20
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you very much for your responses,

I did not mean to bring such a "tension" with the queries.
The true is I am new in this, so if I understand well the solution must be to set the different campaigns with the different targets from the same account, otherwise sooner or later the accounts would be banned.

Is it?

Thank you very much to all of you for your time
Miguel

View solution in original post

Re: Differrents users linking to same URL

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Miguel,

Basically your merchants want to drive traffic to YOUR site?

This is possible, yes. A good way to ensure everything goes smoothly is to pre-grant permission for your merchants so that they're not faced with issues.

https://services.google.com/inquiry/aw_tmauth

This form is how you basically register a trademark (in your case, a domain) and allow certain AdWords accounts permission to promote it.

Since I'm only assuming it's possible through experience with similar projects I would like to hear from some experts on this though - so you'll get a second opinion and I'll get confirmation!

Ali

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Miguel G;

Can a different Adwords users advertise the same or a similar url on Google using different accounts - NO. This is a violation of "gain unfair practice clause" of the Policy.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
How is it that an advertiser can set up two accounts in an MCC that drive traffic to the same site?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
@ali;
Technically this is possible. But once caught - this would be a violation
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
I disagree – I’ve run multiple accounts driving traffic to the same site and it’s in fact been praised by Account Managers.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Ali Syme;

You are most likely in violation of the "abuse of the ad-network" section of the policy. Once caught, or a complaint filed by a competitor,  - the consequences could be horrendous.

Using the Google Network to gain an unfair traffic advantage over other participants in the auction

• Examples:  promoting the same or similar content from multiple accounts on the same or similar queries

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Guys,

@Ali Syme: Chances are you should not be doing that in general. However, it might be okay if there is no overlapping because of location settings, keywords listed, time schedule etc. do separate them clearly. 

@Miguel G: The practice is not allowed in general. There are a few exceptions like clickbank merchants who take advantage of affiliate marketing, or e.g.ebay shops. However, their special situations go beyond the scope of this forum.

The above said, generally speaking I concur with @MosheTLV.

Best,

Lakatos

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Gents,

I never set up an account that would drive traffic to the same site by using the same targets...that would just be competing with myself.

But the practise of creating a separate account for some campaigns - competitors, display, etc - is perfectly fine and in fact has been encouraged by more than one account manager on more than one occasion.

Ali

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Can I also point out that Miguel said nothing about setting up multiple AdWords Accounts in order to drive traffic to the same site?