AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Different ad shown on Google

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All,

i am facing a problem with an ad. i have seen an ad is displaying on google but i haven't made this ad copy  in my adwords account.

Eventhough i have checked all of my ad copy in my  google adwords account but i haven't found it.

What can i do . please suggest me

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Different ad shown on Google

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Sudhanshu,

Do you own the site you are trying to promote?

Could there be other people trying to advertise the same domain if not?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sudhanshu
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Sudhanshu,

Have you asked any affiliate sites to advertise for you? These agencies use paid ads to generate traffic to your site.
If you are already using an AdWords account for your website there may be a problem.
This other ad.. where does it take people? does it have your domain name as its display/destination URL?
If yes, Google will recognise this as double serving(assuming since its the same site, the targeted keywords will be similar).

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Purefuzz,

Thanks for your  help , i want to add something that the site which we are promoting is of my client's site and no one is running there PPC account except us right now. Previously another company is manageing their (my client's site) PPC account but they are not running from last 1 year .

and one more thing that when i check this ad on different browser like mozila, IE and chrome, this ad appears mostly on Mozila and IE simultaniously while i haven't seen on chrome yet.

Please help me out of this.

thanks once again. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Sudhanshu,

Let's see if we can get this fixed up for you.

First off, I'd get your client to check their credit card statement and see if they are still being charged by either their old agency or for the old AdWords account.

The agency may not be "managing it" but, is the old account still active and being billed by Google? I have known this to happen.

A previous client of mine "forgot" about their old account and it was running for quite some time and they were sure they had nothing else running.

Another thing to ask them... Some advertising agencies include a small amount of AdWords PPC into their overall package (Yellow Pages have done in the past) and these ads could be showing. Ask them about any other forms of online advertising they do, doesn't matter how large or small, just find out to try and eliminate it.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Sudhanshu,

In addition to what has been said above, I would put a stress on Double Serving Policy which Shweta pointed above. Make sure that there are no 2 Adwords accounts running for the similar business of your client. You can cross check with your client for more insights. I am saying this because it might put your client's account in trouble as 2 different accounts for the same business are not allowed. It's a very strict policy and Google takes it very seriously.

About the browser issue what you are pointing, there might be some ad blocker plugin installed which is preventing the ads to be shown on particular browser because Adwords doesn't have browser related settings till date. It's just a possibility.

Few of my thoughts!

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

hi Purefuzz,

One thing i want to ask you that as you have mention that some advertising agencies include a small amount of AdWords PPC into their overall package (Yellow Pages have done in the past)and these ads could be showing. As per my knowledge the text ad displayed on SERP (top and left side on searching engine) is done through adwords tool.

So can we place text ad on these position through yellow pages?

thanks 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Shweta,

Thanks for your help.  

No affiliated site is advertising for my client except us and that ad copy contains my client's domain name in its display/destination url.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Pankaj,

Thanks for helping me again.