AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Different Display & Destination URL in search Ads

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi As I know, display and final destination URL should be same as per adwords policies.

But, today I notice that one of "SEM Partner" running ads its client which has different detination url than the display URL showing into ads.

See below..  

Untitled.png

Any idea?

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Different Display & Destination URL in search Ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Anil,

Your attached image is not visible, but, yes this can be possible. Google white-list the display URL and account to run such ads to the Google SMB Channel Partner. The Channel Partner run such ads those client who does not have website and have outdated websites.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anil_Singh
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

This is interesting....

Indeed destination  URL is different than display URL;

I will refer the case to Google;

@KathleenG - Seems that   another user cant see the images....

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Moshe..
At least its clear that NO ONE can use different url.

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager

Hi folks, 

The next time you see an ad violating policies, make sure you grab the link URL (right click on the ad and select "Copy Link Address"). That way you can send it directly to us on the Community or submit through the AdWords Complaint form

Either way we have a clear display/destination policy. 

@Rakesh Kumar - next time you can't see an image will you take a screen shot and send it to me? 

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,
@KathleenG I just wanted to let you know that I was able to see all the images in posts while being in MTV. After going back home, everything got back to how it used to be; I am not able to see any Images in posts.

I think @PPCBossman has the same issue. Tommy, can you see any images in posts at home now?

I am using proxy in order to change my IP address to check out images. I think this probably has something to do with the IP address.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Nope - no images for me.  Smiley Sad

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

OK; both Google Policy team and one of our colleagues, @Celebird , replied with the following reference from the Editorial guidelines:

>>""Proxy display URLs: Certain shopping platforms, pharmaceutical terms, resellers, and domains with inappropriate language can sometimes use a different domain in order to avoid showing the inappropriate language. Request an exception to this policy."
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6021546

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hooray for double standards!