AdWords
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Destination and Display match but

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

I'm having issues with my destination URL. I own two sites, for example www.domainONE.co.uk and also www.domainTWO.co.uk. However, I have it set up such that if I type in www.domainONE.co.uk it will redirect to my www.domainTWO.co.uk site so i dont have to manage two sites, which would be very similar.

I want my display URL to be www.domainONE.co.uk and so I must make my destination URL have the same domain, to match googles advertising policies. I can do this by making it www.domainONE.co.uk which I know will redirect to www.domainTWO.co.uk as I have set it up this way. However, my ads are being disapproved. I'm assuming this is becasue the actual final landing destination URL does not match the display URL. But I don't believe this violates any of googles policies. Can anyone help me get round this issue? I don't want to have to use my domainONE site as the display url but i fear this may be my only solution.

Thanks in advance

Re: Destination and Display match but

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Ant S ! Welcome to the Community !

You have a Policy Details Column in your Ads Tab. What does it say for those disapproved ads ?

I don't understand these contradictory lines 

1) At the begining of your second paragraph " I want my display URL to be www.domainONE.co.uk and so .... "

2) At the end of it "I don't want to have to use my domainONE site as the display url"

What exactly do you want to achieve ?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My apologies, I meant that I do not want to have my domainTWO as my display URL.

I basically have a website that runs on the domain domainTWO but i also own domainONE which always redirects to domainTWO. I want all my google ads to be showing the domainONE website address because it is more informative to include in the advert over the domainTWO address.

Is that explained any better? Thanks

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

You have a Policy Details Column in your Ads Tab. What does it say for those disapproved ads ? It should indicate the exact policy that you are breaking .