AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Destination URL not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

the issue is for  gokhanbeyhan.com. For last 3 weeks most of my ads are rejected by adwords with the message "destination url not found". strangely, when i create and submit two or three different ads with the same destination url, some of them are accepted while others not. there is nothing to describe it. 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Re: Destination URL not working

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Gokhan B

You must allow access to the site from any location.  Verify that the site is accessible to a bot carrying any IP.

Also - delete and re-enter the landing page URL. This sometimes helps.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Gokhan B,

The most probable reason for such disapprovals can be the website getting down time and again. Specifically when Google tries to access the URL.

Check with your web hosting provider to ensure it does not have frequent downtimes. You can enable a domain monitor service to get notifications when the website goes down

It should help, if it doesn't, feel free to post your queries.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hi. thanks for reply.
i also suspected that and contact hostgator. But it didn't help.
Still adwords keep disapproving my ads and i am afraid that my account will be suspended for that.
i searched the internet and didn't find a similar issue.
i turned of auto tagging, put a / at the end of my dress but nothing helped.
i asked my friends from other countries to check my site and they said everything seems ok.
i looked at the search console and found no errors about crawling my site or robots.txt errors.
and what makes me crazy is that. i have two ads with similar destination urls. adverts approves one of them while disapproving the other.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Gokhan B

You must allow access to the site from any location.  Verify that the site is accessible to a bot carrying any IP.

Also - delete and re-enter the landing page URL. This sometimes helps.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
wish i had known how to do that:. really is there any way to test how adbot crawl my site. i know that google bot receives no errors. but i couldn't test if there is a problem with adbot.
i created too many ads by the same landing page url. my site is a wordpress site, so i don't know if any redirection occurs when someone entered the url.
what about if i change my wordpress permalink structure and reset all the permalinks. does it work?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Here you are from the WordPress.org help center;
https://wordpress.org/plugins/iq-block-country/

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
but i think this plugin is to block some tips from other countries. our purpose is to be sure that bots may crawl my site. isn't it?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Yes, but you don't know from which data center / location Google "submits" the bot to crawl. The IP the boat "carries" is assigned by the country in which the server is hosted.
Have you tested my other suggestion? (Re-enter the landing page URL)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hmm. i test it.
and no i didn't try reentering landing page urls again. you mean completely delete and reenter them. i usually enter urls by copy pasting , is there any difference if i manually enter them.
i also tested my page with ?gclid test extension it is working for me

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
and also my hatches file # BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d