AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Destination URL not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm getting the message Destination URL not working, but the URL does work. When I click on the ad, it goes to the correct page. I suppose it could be an intermittent connection problem either with my host or at Google.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Destination URL not working

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello

Welcome to adwords community, if your destination URL is not working first you need to fixed it and should maintain adwords policies.Did you violate any policy? If you not it must be work, for more details please read carefully https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6021546?rd=2#027

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi A K N,

I've actually experienced this before myself. I think occasionally, servers have hiccups etc...and your ad may get a false positive.

However, have you enabled the policy column on your ads tab to see if the ad is still disapproved? https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6058134?rd=1#column

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi,
Can you please share your Landing page URL. It may be the reasons that your Landing page does not loading in all locations, browsers and devices.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I have the same trouble. And the reason is servers dont tough the load. You can chek it by using some instruments like a pingdom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We have this problem from time to time and it's the hosting servers at the large provider we use. I won't name them. The message from Google can be both misleading and insulting. Since the error is caused by a momentary hiccup on a server that we have zero control over there is nothing we have done, and nothing we can 'fix'. Here is one of the suggestions from Google: 'edit the ad to fix the policy violation'. However, by the time we see the message there is no error and there was never anything for us to 'edit'. If Google really wants to cure the problem then they should contact the hosting company. I'm sure many rookie marketing people get the same automated email and immediately draw all sorts of conclusions in error.

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
This early 2015 thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.