AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Destination URL bug

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

As soon as I do any change in the Adwords editor, e.g. changing a description line, then the destination URL is rejected with the usual "Invalid Destination URL. To post the text ad, edit the Destination URL." (even though of course the destination URL is perfectly fine and was used until I did the description change).

So whenever I do a change to any of my ads i have to also update the URL and move it from Destination URL to Final URL.

Is that really the easiest way to go? Is Google considering doing something or are we meant to keep using a dysfunctional product much longer?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Destination URL bug

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Louis,

This question has been addressed in this thread: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Advanced-Features/AdWords-Editor-11-1-2-Bug/m-p/459027#M4469...

This is not an issue with AdWords Editor, but the fact that Destination URLs are no longer accepted.

"You must leave destination URL field blank. Nothing else will work there, whether it matches display URL or otherwise. What you used to put into destination URL field, place into final URL field instead."

Kathleen

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Louis,

This question has been addressed in this thread: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Advanced-Features/AdWords-Editor-11-1-2-Bug/m-p/459027#M4469...

This is not an issue with AdWords Editor, but the fact that Destination URLs are no longer accepted.

"You must leave destination URL field blank. Nothing else will work there, whether it matches display URL or otherwise. What you used to put into destination URL field, place into final URL field instead."

Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Kathleen, that was helpful.