AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Destination URL and Display URL domain are the same but still disapproved

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I've reported this problem to adword support a few times over 3 weeks but there has been no response from google, so I've decided to seek help here.

Gist of the problem is that my ad was working fine until I decided to change the wording around in the ad description. Now I am being hit with ad disapprovals because of destination url disapproved.

My domain is zumvee.com, my display url is zumvee.com, and my destination url is https://zumvee.com/corporate.php 

The automated email from google suggested an absolutely wrong destination url to use - I have pasted the email here:

Campaign: 'Corporate,' Ad Group: 'Corporate Events'
----------------------------------------------

Ad Text:

SG Corporate Events
Over 30 team classes and activities
See our team building catalog!
Zumvee.com

Ad Status: Disapproved
Ad Issue(s): [Display URL] Inaccurate Display URL
~~~~~~~~~

SUGGESTIONS:
Please edit your display URL so that it matches your landing page URL.
To be compliant with this policy, your display URL should read
www.google.com/a/zumvee.com.

Hope the experts here will be able to help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Destination URL and Display URL domain are the same but still disapproved

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jamessim,

Actually the ad if created as you described should be working fine. Chances are there are older ad copies - probably paused -in the current ad group that prevent it from  happening. You're advised to create a completely new ad group with the ad you mentioned.

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the tip Lakatos. Although its currently the only ad/ad group with no old ones being paused, I will try creating a new campaign, ad and ad group to see how it turns out.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

jamessim;

Check that there is no "invisible character" in the destination or display URL 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, I've retried with a brand new campaign and ad group but I've just been hit by the error again. It is still suggesting i set my display url as www.google.com/a/zumvee.com

I would appreciate any more help on this

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi James

I'm not sure if this will work but have you tried adding www. to the beginning of the URL's?

Your site redirects to non www. I know but it could be this where Google is having problems.

I would recommend adding www. to at least the destination URL and see if this works. If may make Google happy and your site will redirect so shouldn't cause you any problems.

Cheers

Kane

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Kane, thanks for the suggestion. I just got the dreaded disapproval email after trying with www. they again suggested http://www.google.com/a/zumvee.com

I believe someone shld look into the code at google to find out why its returning such a suggested url

Re: Destination URL and Display URL domain are the same but still disa

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jamessim,

Did you manage to get a solution to this? I'm currently having a very similar issue.

Thanks

David