AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Destination URL Redirects

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can you destination URL direct users to a different website that redirects to your site?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Destination URL Redirects

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I am not sure I fully understand your question;

Anyway, the destination URL is the landing page on which the user "lands" after all redirects.  And, the destination URL must mach the display URL.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Dallas,

Welcome to the Community!

If your ad's display URL is www.example.com, page that loads after ad click should be within this domain. You can use third party tracking URLs in the destination URL, which would redirect to their URL and then to yours. This is allowed as per Google's policies. However, if you're using an intermediate page that redirects to the actual destination URL, it is not allowed.

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your help. The idea is to send them to a URL that is not the domain that the PPC account is setup with but that will redirect to a landing page with that domain. Do you know if this is permitted. The Display URL will use the domain used in the Destination URL. Does that make sense?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
What advantage will you get by that setting?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’