AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

[Destination URL] Invalid HTTP Response Code

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I keep getting the error "[Destination URL] Invalid HTTP Response Code" when creating an ad for my application. The destination link is https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dingerapps.doodlechains  As the link is on Google Play, how can there be an error? The application is not distributed to all countries but neither is the ad.

Cheers

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ben E
September 2015

Re: [Destination URL] Invalid HTTP Response Code

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Ben,
Yes I can load that page. I am going to escalate this to our support team, so keep an eye out for contact via email from them. They'll have access to your account and will be able to give you more specific advice.

Kathleen

View solution in original post

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Ben E,

Looking at this how-to for App Ads, it looks like the URL you have quoted is the Package Name. When I clicked on it it also gave me an error. You'll need a viewable landing page for the Destination URL - have you launched the app yet? It oculd just be that it's not live?

Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Kathleen,

Sorry, the link I had posted before got messed up because of the full stop at the end. I have changed it so that it works correctly now and is the exact same link I have as the destination url. Does the link work for you now? The application was launched today however it is live.

Cheers,
Ben
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ben E
September 2015

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Ben,
Yes I can load that page. I am going to escalate this to our support team, so keep an eye out for contact via email from them. They'll have access to your account and will be able to give you more specific advice.

Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having the same issue and my URLs are fine. The URL has been active for years.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We are still having this same issue and have not heard back from Google. What can be done?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Ed,

Request you to please elaborate on the issue here. Have your ads been disapproved for Invalid HTTP response code as well? In that case, please work with your webmaster and ensure the checks mentioned for the disapproval reason on the Help Center https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6021546?hl=en&expand=192#fix are passed.

Thanks,
Shruti