AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.3K members online now
1.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Destination Mismatch- Disapproved ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello-

I have an ad that's been running since May of last year.  I randomly got a destination mismatch email.  I changed nothing on the site or on my ad, so I'm not sure what happened.  I followed the steps I could find through help, including uploading the .html verification file, but it still says disapproved.  I don't know what else to do or fix.  I have a basic understanding of all of this ad stuff, so please make your answer in layman's terms as best you can!

My destination url is www.ironmountainanimalhopsital.com

1 Expert replyverified_user

Destination Mismatch- Disapproved ad

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Stephanie,

Thanks for reaching out. 

Destination mismatch occurs when ads that don't accurately reflect where the user is being directed. Users should land on the final url in the ad copy regardless which location or device they are using.

The website or app shown in your ad needs to accurately show which website or app people will be taken to when they click your ad (that's your landing page). The landing page is where people actually end up after passing through any redirects associated with the destination URL, final URL, or tracking template that you set.

Your disapproval email shows you the domain that your ad pointed to at the time of review. You can also use Search Console to check the final landing page of your URL to make sure that the resulting domain matches the domain of your display URL.

Here are some recommendations to troubleshoot Destination Mismatch:

1) If you have keyword level URLs, the domain should match the final URL in the ad copy.

2) A tracking parameter in the final URL can cause a destination mismatch if there is no {ignore} inserted before the tracking parameter. 

3) If you are using a tracking template, they must lead the user to the same content as the final URL.