AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

DKI in DSA - why not?

[ Edited ]
M D
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
M D
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys,

I was setting up a new Dynamic Search Ads campaign & thought of using DKI. In this way, the dynamically generated headline could reappear in description line 1, saying something of the kind "{DKISmiley Tongueroduct} Available Online" (well, again, something like that). Then I was informed that this isn't possible.

So I was just wondering, does anyone know why I can't do this? Don't dynamic search ads use this principle anyway, in a way? Just confused.

KR,

M.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author M D
September 2015

Re: DKI in DSA - why not?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

As far as my understanding goes, DKI tends to dynamically insert the keyword in your ad copy, which you are using as a keyword inside your ad group. That's the basic behind that.

But in case of DSAs, you don't really add the keywords in the ad group because AdWords system automatically matches it to your website's relevant page based on the number of pages indexed in organic search results. Hence, if you haven't added any keywords, how could this be related to DKI ad. That's what I believe and hence you should add normal description line 1 and 2 in this special campaign.

Does that make sense?

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author M D
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

As far as my understanding goes, DKI tends to dynamically insert the keyword in your ad copy, which you are using as a keyword inside your ad group. That's the basic behind that.

But in case of DSAs, you don't really add the keywords in the ad group because AdWords system automatically matches it to your website's relevant page based on the number of pages indexed in organic search results. Hence, if you haven't added any keywords, how could this be related to DKI ad. That's what I believe and hence you should add normal description line 1 and 2 in this special campaign.

Does that make sense?

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
M D
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
M D
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Pankaj,

thanks for your response. Actually, that does make sense. So, in short, Google would need to implement dynamic search term insertion instead of dynamic keyword insertion. Because, in the end, it amounts to the same thing for me. Also, afaik, DKI isn't only triggered if the search terms used match the adgroup keywords exactly - but I agree, that they need to correspond enough to trigger one of them. Would be great if we could use this in DSAs somehow, or well, I think so Smiley Happy

Thanks again.

Have a great afternoon,

M.