AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Current Issue - All New Ads Disapproved for Punctuation and Symbols

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Every ad we submitted within the past hour or two has been quickly disapproved due to "punctuation and symbols". The ads should have been approved. We've been in contact with the AdWords team and they're aware of the issue but I didn't see anything here about this. I figured information such as this should be getting posted in the Google AdWords community, and I didn't see any areas for current status/issues so I posted here. This post is to inform everyone that there is an issue with ads being disapproved right now.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

No known issue is currently reported.

Has the ad been manually approved by support?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

I saw one this morning (out of thousands of accounts) that seems to be wrongly disapproved for the same reason. It does have an acronym in all caps. 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I'm also having this issue with all the new ads I submitted today. I told my Google rep and they are looking into the issue. 

Hopefully it will be fixed by tomorrow.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We're seeing it too.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Seeing the same thing from Yesterday. My ads don't have any violations, as a matter of fact there are several ads already approved for weeks in the same account that have no variance from the ads that got disapproved. 

Eva Rising Star
Rising Star
# 7
Eva Rising Star
Rising Star

Hi @Christopher S

Having the exactly same issue with new adsSmiley Sad

Regards,
Eva
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Christopher S
March

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just got off the phone with AdWords support. It's happening across all accounts. No ETA for resolution but if you call into support they can get your ads into a queue for a manual review.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I suggest for anyone else encountering this issue to contact AdWords and see if you can have your ads manually reviewed. Some of ours have been already approved and the rest are expected to be approved soon, but we had to manually submit all of them to bring attention to the AdWords team which ads needed to be reviewed. I would not expect any of the mistakenly disapproved ads to be automatically reviewed once they fix this issue.