AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Copyright DMCA

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Everyone

We're slowly creating more Adwords for the various products we sell (printers/copiers). A few months back we set an advert like for a Canon printer, which moments later was disapproved due to "Copyright DMCA".

We're an authorised Canon reseller so I spoke to Canon's Marketing Communications Manager who knew nothing about this restriction. I was previously the sales manager at another online store and never had this issue and other resellers are happily promoting Canon.

I've spoke to the Google Adwords team several times now but am getting nowhere.

I've completed the Trademark Authorisation form as instructed but all I get back is an email stating that Google weren't able to locate a trademark complaint for the term "Canon" so they can't process my request.

I've even got an email from Canon stating that I can advertise Canon but I don't know where to go next.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Nick

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Copyright DMCA

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Nick,

We cannot see into your account on this forum, and as this sounds like an issue within the AdWords trademark system itself, there is not anything additional we can do for you here in the Community.

Are you still in touch with the AdWords team?

Cassie

Re: Copyright DMCA

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Cassie

Today I was speaking to the Adwords team again and this time they think it's a fault with their system. They've promised to come back to me within 48 hours.

Kind regards

Nick