AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion tracking using tracker

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello.  

I am a Media Buyer and our company uses 3rd party trackers for our offers from ad networks/direct advertisers running on different platforms.  Do you have a global postback URL we can input in our tracker so we can monitor conversions from there?  We're using Voluum as our tracker.  

Thanks a lot!

Maps

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion tracking using tracker

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Maps,

Do you control the websites for which you are advertising or are you an affiliate who doesn't actually control the websites?

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Affiliate. We run mobile apps.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
So you want to track the mobile app downloads as an affiliate?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes correct.

Eventually, we will also try pin submit offers and lead generation offers which requires users to enter their mobile numbers/email addresses.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Affiliate advertising using AdWords has been a daunting task from the past. Especially because there is a bridge policy violation which almost all the affiliates violate. So, I don't think you could get any postback URL especially because you are not controlling the mobile app since you don't own it. On the contrary if you have your own mobile app, then it's a different scenario and there is a different methodology to track conversions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Does that mean that I cannot run campaigns in Google Adwords just because I do not own the mobile app? We got recommendation from one of our partner ad networks that Google Display Network has a lot of inventory for a Marvel app they have. If no postback can be given, any script I can use to track conversions using Voluum? We can add to our banners. We use banners supplied by advertisers so I see no violation that can arise from that part. Maps