AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Continued suspension even when I have complied

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Adwords keeps suspending my site without warning for the same "violations" or "requirements" that I have already fixed.

I've been going thru this since July 2015.  My site has been up for 10 years without a problem.  Why are we not getting any warning?  They say they will warn us but they don't tell us until 3 weeks or so have gone by.  It is not listed in notifications on the dashboard as they promised it would be because I've been trying to be watchful in case they did it again.

I was assured in July that my site was in complete compliance but they they decided they wanted additional words.  This time they want additional disclaimers although I have the required disclaimer on each page.  I was told twice that my site was in compliance.

Please help. 

Additionally, I was promised that I would receive warning before the fact but they are still shutting me down (for the same issues) without warning.  What is your policy on this?

I'm not trying to get away with anything.  I'm willing to be in compliance but they keep adding new requests.  Why are they telling me everything is in compliance and then, when I haven't changed anything, they come up with new reasons to shut me down?  What is your policy on this?

These issues are not being handled in timely way.  They are not fulfilling their promises.  They seem to be making things up as they go along.  Isn't there someone with authority who can give me a precise and complete request so I don't have to go thru this every couple of weeks or months.

We are being treated like criminals and we are not getting clear, precise or complete information.  This ongoing incompetence is destroying our businesses.  Please help.

This time they released my site for 4 hours and then suspended it again with new requirements.  This is the second time they have done this.  You are professionals in a professional business.  This is not a professional or fair way to handle your customers needs.  Can you see my point?

The team that has the guidelines and authority are protected from dealing with us directly so we have no recourse.  We speak to one person, get an email from someone else who does not reply to our questions and then we're left hanging.

Your people are not making their requirements clear so they keep suspending my site (and probably many others) without explanation or accountability.  Is Adwords intending to fix these issues that we are having with the people who are supposed to be guiding us so that we can be in compliance.

We are not criminals and we are not trying to get away with anything.  We just need to deal with people who know what they require and can guide us properly.  At least I do.

Additionally, if all of these "disclaimers" have to be scattered all over our sites, shouldn't every other site in our category be required to do the same things?  I tried to submit some sites but your form doesn't work.  

I was invited and encouraged to submit all the sites that are in this same "violation" but have been unable to do this.

Please help.

And please don't give me a freaking link to a vague policy that is the problem in the first place.  I've read it.  Ostensibly the people who are supposed to help us have read them.  The policies are vague and subjective, meaning at any time anyone can decide that they want something in addition.  We need to get those specifics from someone who has the specifics and not a link to something vague and unhelpful.  Please.  Thank you.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Continued suspension even when I have complied

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

Sorry to hear about the troubles you are facing.  Can you also tell us what is the reason for site suspension?

I could relate to site suspension repeatedly due to these few possible reasons:-

1. Site is not clean and malware is present on the website.

2. Exact Privacy Policy not getting updated on the website.

Is it possible for you to share the website URL with the Community?

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Please share the website URL
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
THANK YOU for your suggestion but you, like they, are guessing. They keep giving me compliance hoops to jump thru, in the form of poor english and things that do not make sense, including changing the numbers on a statement that was take from the US DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH, not mine. They are not really finding real issues. they are making things up. We are allowed to quote credible sources like the US Dept of Health, the AMA, or other governmental agencies but they find fault even with those. So I removed the whole statement. Now my page dosn't make any sense. They released it and suspended 30 min. later. They have done this 3 times in the last 3 days. What I need to know is how to get this case escalated bc they are not performing reasonably.. Also, when supervisors are requested, they say they will call or contact but they don't. The agents are also not calling back or emailing back as promised. I need to know how to escalate this past adwords and into Google Corporate itself. These people are not doing their jobs in good faith and they are cost me my livlihood for BS and costing google my advertising money. I need to get above these teams bc they are not acting in good faith or with professionalism. PLEASE HELP ME. AND EVERYONE ELSE THEY ARE RUINING FOR NO GOOD REASON.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO GET PAST THESE PEOPLE WHO ARE VIOLATING ME AGAIN AND AGAIN FOR NO REASON? I NEED TO ESCALATE THIS MATTER. I'M CERTAIN I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO IS BEING HARASSED BUT THE ESCALATION PROCESS IS BEING VIOLATED. THANK YOU

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
typically, a link to more information about the one or more
policies that a site violates and how to fix those problems,
within those pages, will be sent via email by google.

as to government sources of health-related information --
generally, health-related ads and any related content on
a site may be evaluated for claims and expectations,
regardless of any sources surrounding the statements.

for website-wide suspension issues, only examples or samples
of non-compliance may be given -- but, not necessarily all that
needs to be removed, added, or changed in order to come into
full compliance with the policies.

the examples can be used as a guide to help
locate and fix any similar issues on the site.

after all the policy issues have been fixed, a
request to review the changes can be made.

although google tends to read the forum,
this is mainly a peer-to-peer community --
forum-members can mainly offer suggestions
based on the information that is posted.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

THERE ARE NO VIOLATIONS. THEY ARE MAKING IT UP AS THEY GO ALONG BECAUSE NOW IT IS PUNITIVE AND MORE THAN RIDICULOUS. NO OTHER SITE IN MY FIELD IS BEING HASSLED IN THIS WAY, MONTH AFTER MONTH AFTER MONTH. THANKS ANYWAY. <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager - per Community Posting Guidelines - in order to remove a promotional message which was most likely the result of a mobile footer.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

first, you're welcome.

unfortunately, some suspensions can be permanent --
but this is usually noted as a message indicating no
longer being allowed to advertise; posting the exact
message -- minus any personal or private information --
here within the public forum, may help others diagnose
any potential issues.

as to other ads, in the same similar field, being seen --
this typically means that either (a) the expectations
being set and all the claims made within the ad and
on the website, fall within the current policies -- or (b)
the ads have simply not been flagged yet and may be
reported to google as a policy violation.

as to any mistreatment, the details

may be submitted directly to google:

https://support.google.com/adwords/contact/aw_complaint

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for the link. I found it today and have already submitted my complaint. Sent from my iPad

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

suspensions need to be applied uniformly to all. Now they are requiring that I remove "for once and for all" from the statement "Are you ready to quit smoking for once and for all?" It's preposterous and anyone who is being fair and objective can see that I'm being harassed. <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

NOTE: Second notice: this post has been edited by a Community Manager - per Community Posting Guidelines - in order to remove a self-promotional message which was most likely the result of a mobile footer.