AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Content policy violations (no. 2)

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

This is solved. Thank you.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Content policy violations (no. 2)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Razvan M ;

As I mentioned in another thread, this is a peer-to-peer community,and we are getting into issues which are beyond our scope:  We do not aim either  to replace AW  customer service, or to serve as a "bypass" to Google's  internal processes, which we also have to follow.

you have posted similar healthcare Policy violations, It seems that  in regard to the Romanian Policy enforcement, there is a deeper issue than sporadic sites "escaped the radar". This is a broader issue that has to be addressed by Google, and escalated within Google to the appropriate teams through your Google account manger. 

I have heard that is some countries this could be a long  and   repetitive  process. However, this is the process Google has set, and as volunteers, (in this community),  we have no control over Google internal processes.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Moshe,

What you say is true, but for now I'm interested in this sort of complaint, and I've asked for them to be posted in a couple of threads. I suspect that some of the ad complaint queues are backlogged, and having these clickstrings will help me see if that's really the case.  Right now I've got all the right people's attention for some gambling complaints from another thread.  Once that's resolved I'll pass these along too.

One thing to note is that sometimes complaints are received, researched, and not acted on because the ads or site are valid for some reason that's not obvious. Unfortunately we don't give the complainer any feedback to indicate that, so it can feel like the complaint was ignored. We're trying to come up with a way of providing feedback without violating the privacy of the advertiser in question.  It seems unlikely the ads were valid in this case, though, because we just don't allow garcinia cambogia weight loss ads, period.

Laura

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Moshe,

You said that for situations that escapes the regular Google processes, we can come to these forums to present the case. This is the situation now: this site has been reported many times and it was confirmed by CSR at Google that the violations are real.

We are not going around Google's internal processes, as the internal processes were followed to the letter many times in the past 3 months.

There are lots of examples on these forums of ads being taken down on simple notice from advertisers, advertises who have made no proof whatsoever that they have contacted Google before coming here. You have acted on these reports as well as others. They simply show the case and they get help. For them, it's not out of the scope of the community, but for us it is. We are second class AdWords users, that is fact. This is very unfair.

We have no Google Account manager, hence this is the last place where we can turn for help.

I propose you a small challenge: in 1 year from now, despite our constant complains and despite having a very clear case, that site will still be up.

Best regards,

Razvan Mihaiu

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Laura,

We typed the answer at the same time.

Thank you for looking into these. What I can give you as a warranty is that all the cases that I bring here, were already heavily reported on the regular channels and - more important - we've got confirmation from Google CSR that the violations are real.

It is not my intention to overload this communication channel with useless or false reports so I am very picky about what I report here.

Best regards,

Razvan Mihaiu

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

<content edited by Community Manager>

Here are some more "not supposed to be allowed ads" in Romania, just 5

of them on the simple search for the scam "garcinia cambogia" advertized by Dr Oz with no medical back-up.

nice-ads.png

nice-ads2.png

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Razvan; 

You would obviously agree that we cannot escalate  every post to Google and (and by that)  bypass the process. There are guidelines which have been established between Top Contributors and Google as to what and when Policy topics are escalated to the Policy team. (You would agree that no matter how you would look at that, - escalating directly  - is  a "shortcut")

We have escalated your previous case. You noticed how long it took to resolve. Since we are volunteers here, we cannot allocate the time to resolve recurring cases. Our goal is to guide  users how to resolve the issue  through the process  Google has set.

I am not implying / saying  that there are no violations which should be resolved. What I am saying is that  these should be raised the way Google has determined  (i.e by filing a complaint or  by contacting CS).

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

What part of the Posting Guidelines did I not follow since my message was edited ? None ?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Moshe,

You are very respected member of the community but in this case there are things that don't seem right. First, I need to understand what is your definition of a reoccurring case.

About this case, we have the following facts:

1. this advertiser was never brought up before in these forums;
2. I filled the complaint form several times; I contacted the CS several times before coming here;
I already mentioned that this case is 3 months old and that it was heavily reported.
3. the two reports have nothing in common except being done by me

Is this a reoccurence?

I am interested to reach a working solution with you, so let's clarify what is acceptable and what is not.

Best regards,
Razvan Mihaiu

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@Razvan; 

To be efficient, I will escalate your case to Google, but I am missing screen shots of the ads themselves. (Google requires to see the ads). Please upload  screenshots of the ads, as well as the landing page, in violation. (Please show which landing page is matched to which ad.) 

Having said that, any similar  Policy cases brought by the same advertiser, about the same or similar topic in which the process / solution  had been given -  is recurring. 

Now, we both agree that there is, probably, a deeper issue with the process of approving health-care ads in Romanian.  We  have no goal fixing Google nor to change Google processes. This should be addressed through customer service. 

As said, we volunteer here. We have limited time  to contribute.  One of our goals is to educate other users about the best  practices should they face similar, and search for a solution  on Google.com. Solving recurring cases - does not serve this goal.

However,  as you know: life and business are  dynamic.  There are times in which we have more time to contribute to the  community, and we could help with more cases,  even recurring cases.   On the other hand, in "constrained  weeks",  we  refer users  to past posts and ask them to follow as explained... It all depends on the level of our availability, and the time we could allocate among our other businesses.

I did put some time writing this post, trying to explain the  broader view / perspective of  supporting users. Hopefully I was successful..

-Moshe