AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Confused about reason for disapproval: clarity & relevance

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Some of my (image) ads were disapproved. Thing is: the same banner in a different size did get through the approval-proces. So how come the banners don't get treated the same way? The message is the same.

Example of approved banner:

Example of disapproved banner:

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Confused about reason for disapproval: clarity & relevance

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there;
I think the issue is with the "flashing" element within the ad.
What's the reason mentioned?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Clarity & Relevance ... I don't see a big difference between the two sizes. The dissaproved version has a clear call-to-action (the red button), that's all. But could that be the reason?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
OK; You are missing the business logo on the disapproved one.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Oh ok, but what about this one ?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@WAW3 V;

Promotions that do not name the product, service, or entity they are promoting, including animated ads that do not clearly display identifying information such as a product or company name, logo, or display URL on the final static frame (after the animation has ceased).

• Examples: Not including identifying information, such as a product or company name, logo, or display URL in the promotion

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6021546?hl=en