AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Confirmation: Double Serving Question

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello.

I think I know the answer to this, but I just want to be sure.

If a client is using the services of, say, YP or Dex Media, and that company is running an Adwords campaign on my client's behalf, and the destination URL points to a landing page created for my client but owned by YP/Dex, am I correct in telling my client that I am not allowed to create an Adwords campaign for him as long as YP/Dex is already running one on his behalf? Would this not be double serving?

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Norm H
September 2015

Re: Confirmation: Double Serving Question

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Norm H

In principle you are correct, this would be a violation of "gaining unfair advantage " assuming that both landing pages offer the same products or service with similar pricing and targeting the same audience. 

If, for example, your client sells puzzles and one landing page promotes complex puzzles for seniors, while the other promotes puzzles for kids - the audience targeted is different, as well as the pricing of the products - thus this would not necessarily be a violation.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Norm H
September 2015

Re: Confirmation: Double Serving Question

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Norm H

In principle you are correct, this would be a violation of "gaining unfair advantage " assuming that both landing pages offer the same products or service with similar pricing and targeting the same audience. 

If, for example, your client sells puzzles and one landing page promotes complex puzzles for seniors, while the other promotes puzzles for kids - the audience targeted is different, as well as the pricing of the products - thus this would not necessarily be a violation.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’