AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Competitor showing multiple ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a competitor that is running multiple ads.  His ad shows up at the top and also in the "paid pack" area for the same search criteria.  I have talked to other advertisers and I"m not the only one upset about it.  It's too expensive to advertise on Google and have things like this happening.  I'm stunned by it.  See screen shot.  Thanks.Final.jpg

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

File a complaint here:

https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/4578507?visit_id=1-636288429118137493-1247300951&r...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

The screen shot is cut off, is this the same domain?

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It's old news about the "paid pack listing."  That's not my complaint.  My complaint is that this guy's ad is showing in the pack as a paid ad and also in paid ads above the pack. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, same advertiser.  The domain doesn't show up in the paid pack listing.  He has two paid spots.  One above the pack and one in the pack.  )And theoretically he would also show up in the pack as an unpaid listing if it was close enough to his location.)   

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm aware of the complaint form; however, the complaint form requires that the URL of both ads (can be copied by right clicking on the ads, usually) must be submitted.  However, since the duplicate ad in the new "paid pack" location is a click-to-call ad -- the URL for it is non-existent. 

Badged Google Partner
# 8
Badged Google Partner

There is still a verification/display URL for "call only" ads. When it comes to official violations, the details matter.

If you can verify each ad is from the same entity, then that's the kind of information that helps process the violation complaint. 

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I give up.  It's the same advertiser at the top and in the paid pack listing.  I can't seem to show up as a paid pack listing no matter what I do.  I'm the highest bidder locallly so I always show up in the 1 or 2 spot at the top but competitors show up in 1 or 2 spot and ALSO in the paid pack position.  I've called adwords 20 times about it.  It seems like there is a new inner-city call center and the collective IQ is low.  Maybe my IQ is low too because I sure can't figure this one out.  In fact, it seems like I can't explain it well enough for anyone to understand the problem.  F*** it.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Chris C. I understand your frustration. If the competitor is still running the ads in both spots, see if the domain is the same once clicked on. Theoretically they should only show once if running a legit AdWords campaign with a single domain. If they have two separate AdWords accounts bidding on the same keywords and pointing to a single domain, that's a big NO-NO in Google's book. It's a good way for them to get suspended by Google. Details here in the Unfair Advantage section:

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020954?hl=en

Good luck!