AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Competitor advertising on our company name

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,
  I was quite shocked today, that when I searched under our company name "AllAffiliatePro" that you have allowed one of our competitors to advertise under our name with the advert text:
"Don't Use All Affiliate Pro
www.idevdirect.com/
Until You Check Us - the Original - 13yr Track Record. From $99"

Do you really think that is acceptable? Do you think it would be fair for people searching "google" to see adverts saying "Don't use Google until you check out Yahoo"?

This says an awful lot about how low one of our competitors is prepared to stoop. But for google to approve such an add? I honestly thought better of them.

Lyle

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Competitor advertising on our company name

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

HI

If AllAffiliatePro is your trademarked name then you can prevent your competitors from using it in the adcopy. Although you cant prevent them from bidding on it. If you find some one is using your trademark in ad copy then you can file complaint with google with this form

https://services.google.com/inquiry/aw_tmcomplaint

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Re: Competitor advertising on our company name

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

And they will stoop lower and lower given time.

This is clearly a violation of the Google rules - as theniks suggests, report it to Google.

Please remember that Google uses robots to scan and flag ads - these are then placed "Under Review" and are manually reviewed by humans... thereactually isn't anything in the ad that would get the robots to flag it.... Google simply can't manually review all ads - it would take months for any ad to be approved.

If, however, you don't have your name legally protected by trademark then there is little you can do.