AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Competitor Using Adwords To Bash

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have a client that is getting killed by a competitor that has created a fake review site and is now running Adwords to drive traffic to it under the victim's brand name; i.e., you google the company, see the ad, click on a "review site", and go oh my gosh this company must be terrible.   Have reported to adwords abuse but of course, they are ignoring it.   Is there anybody out there at Google who actually cares and can help?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Competitor Using Adwords To Bash

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello;
Those are issues between advertisers that Google usually does not get into. My view - you'll have to pursue legal actions in local court.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Our company is currently a similar experience. When you search our company name "f e moran security" the first ad that pops up says "Don't Use FE Moran - We Don't Recommend FE Moran‎" and the link goes to a rating website homesecuritysystems.net that allows you to pay to be listed as a "top 5" security company and our company isn't listed any where on the site for review. This clearly is a violation of the AdWords. Is there anyone we can contact at Google to get it taken down?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Good afternoon.

If you believe this is a violation of the advertising policies, use the link at the bottom of the search results page to report the listing. (Using that link provides Google with the necessary information to clearly identify the advertiser.)  

Google investigates all abuse reports filed but how quickly any one report might receive attention depends on the volume of complaints being handled at the time. 

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*