AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Company Not Allowing Me To Use Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All,

I have recently joined a business that has provided me a website portal that allows me to sell my products as an independent vendor.

Come to find out, using google adwords is not allowed in their handbook? Why?? I asked them and they said they want to keep the playing field level amongst all of their independent vendors and they don't want the vendors who don't have enough money to pay for google adwords to have a disadvantage.

How can I fight this? It's absolutely insane and I've never heard of this before. Anyone else ever dealt with this? I feel like my business is being hindered by their bogus policy.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Company Not Allowing Me To Use Adwords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Chattpc,

Merchants sometimes prevent their associates from using PPC ads and/or AdWords. The typical reason is that they regard it as an easy harvest and want to keep the opportunity for themselves. 

Chances are that you cannot do anything in your particular situation. However, you can quit....Robot LOL

Best,

Lakatos

Re: Company Not Allowing Me To Use Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That was their excuse. They don't want ads to interfere with their advertisments.

But isn't that holding back my "freedom of speech" or something? It's absolutely insane for them to tell me I can't advertise my business. I can increase my sales, which in turn increases profits for them.