AdWords
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Companies using restricted adwords - UPDATED

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Screen Shot: http://prntscr.com/2108zh

I appreciate the help from Moshe for escalating my initial compaint to Google, but sadly it was short lived.  Several of my competitors continue to violate Google's restriction on advertising SPARKLERS.  The restriction is found in the fireworks section of the AdWords restricted list.  They are using variants of the restricted AdWord to appear in the Ad's section of a search.

One particular competitor continually uses doorway sites, so that when/if that site is shut down by Google, they move on to a new one, with no consequences at all to the main site (which has also engaged in various spam campaigns to enhance it's organic results).

Every day I submit the Google AdWords Violation form, and every day I use the Chrome Spam App to flag these sites.  I will continue to do this, as others in this forum have noted that these things take time, but it is beyond frustrating that these competitors of mine fear no consequences at all from Google for blatant violations of Google's explicit policies.  I cannot legally use AdWords, but would be happy to pay and do so within Google's policies.  Thank you in advance for any help.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Companies using restricted adwords - UPDATED

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Ohhh..again the sparkling......OK I will refer the case again;
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you, Moshe. My concern is that this is a game of "whack a mole." Once Google catches one term, these companies move on to another one, as happened here once "SPARKLES" was shut down. I wish Google would punish the sites with suspensions, versus waging a neverending battle to identify and close these search words. Reading through this forum, it seems like AdWords violators have been suspended for far less than what I'm observing.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I agree.  The approach should be different this time: To ban the advertiser.

Hopefully Google will take stiff actions this time. However, - I am not Google,  so have no knowledge about the criteria.
Also, keep in mind that many suspended advertisers continue to "game" the system after being suspended so their ads will continue to appear.. ...

Let's see what Google comes up with.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you, Moshe. I understand. We will keep fighting. Thank you again for advancing this for us.