AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Client site gets rejected, no specifics provided.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Site is http://www.CoolSculptSF.com

Policy Violation:

Site violates policy: We've determined that your site doesn't comply with our site policies. Because of this, any ads promoting this site have been disapproved.

---
How can we get a more specific answer here, we have had ads run in the past, and I'm caught in the middle between a client and google adwords.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Client site gets rejected, no specifics provided.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@mitch f

The issue here is with the scientific claims made about the technique
The common scientific acceptable  approach to reduce body fat is moderate diet and exercise. In other words:  body fat can be eliminated only when  (the body) energy expenditure is greater than (the body)  energy consumption (from food). (aka the first  law of thermodynamics....) 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
OK, I understand. However, there are other doctors advertising this same procedure and making the same claims as to it's' effectiveness.

It has also been approved by the FDA for this purpose, so there seems to be some inconsistencies here, and I'm having a tough time explaining it to my client, and he is having a tough time accepting it because others are doing the same thing.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

The device was approved by the FDA for specific lipolysis local indication. It was not approved as a procedure.  (This might sound as a nuance: procedure vs a device, but it's not. In medical devices, there is a huge difference between the two)

Read the indication for use from the 510(K) approval

file:///C:/Users/MosheTLV/Downloads/K120023.pdf.  

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the input. I'll try to swap out any instances of the word "procedure" for "device" and see if that helps. Still, some of the approved ads when I type in "Coolsculpting San Francisco" also reference a procedure, and they also mention "permanent fat removal," which we were also told was a "no-no." I think the lesson here seems to be that there is not a consistent standard being applied.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
IMHO overall content of the site has to be revamped... Changing a word here and there would not un-suspend the site.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your input. What is wrong with the current content, in your opinion? I'm just at a loss here trying to figure out which hoops to jump through, without wasting a bunch more of my time. Is there too little of it? We actually are in the process of preparing some FAQ content based on information provided by the company but I'm doing that for users, not for "do as we say, not as we do" google.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
As I mentioned; the claims should reflect the common scientific approach to weight loss, and the indication of use approved for this device.

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star
Hi Mitch,

I have worked on an account that had the same product, same problem. The solution suggested by Google was to add disclaimers (the client chose to quit AdWords instead).

In my opinion, (individual results may vary) is not sufficient. Preferably use an asterisk alongside everything on your site that remotely suggests an outcome, and have a full disclaimer at the bottom of the page (same size font as the rest). This would look better than repeating "(individual results may vary)".

I say my opinion, because ultimately you are at the mercy of the opinion of the Googler who looks at your site, and how they feel the guidelines should apply.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

I disagree with @RobSkelton.  The issue here is with the content / claims within the text.