AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Client is a Repair shop but can't list who they repair

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My client repairs Point of Sale hardware. They need to list the brands they repair in their ads, but currently are being blocked for Trademark issues. If I can prove that they are a legitimate repair shop is it possible to override the ban?

Thanks!

Tim

Re: Client is a Repair shop but can't list who they repair

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

It is possible, if they're targeting one of the "reseller countries: -- Australia, New Zealand, the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Ireland.

You'll want to make sure that any ad using a third-party trademark links to a landing page that makes it very clear what services/products your client is offering that relate to the trademark. Google will check the landing pages, because they want to make sure your client has a good reason to be using those trademarks.

So, make sure the landing pages are good, and request re-review. If it works, the ads should get "Approved (limited)" status, which Google's non-obvious way of saying "these ads can run, but not everywhere" (because they won't run in non-reseller countries where the trademark is monitored).

Google's article that you should read: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2562645#reseller