AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Client is a Repair shop but can't list who they repair

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My client repairs Point of Sale hardware. They need to list the brands they repair in their ads, but currently are being blocked for Trademark issues. If I can prove that they are a legitimate repair shop is it possible to override the ban?

Thanks!

Tim

Re: Client is a Repair shop but can't list who they repair

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

It is possible, if they're targeting one of the "reseller countries: -- Australia, New Zealand, the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Ireland.

You'll want to make sure that any ad using a third-party trademark links to a landing page that makes it very clear what services/products your client is offering that relate to the trademark. Google will check the landing pages, because they want to make sure your client has a good reason to be using those trademarks.

So, make sure the landing pages are good, and request re-review. If it works, the ads should get "Approved (limited)" status, which Google's non-obvious way of saying "these ads can run, but not everywhere" (because they won't run in non-reseller countries where the trademark is monitored).

Google's article that you should read: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2562645#reseller