AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

ClickTag in the Flash SWF can't be detected by adwords. The similar one works. Why?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have one flash banner that has click tag connected to the button and placed on the last frame of movieclip on a layer, also on the another one frame I have a tag "stop();" that stops the movie clip. Everything works click tag tested.

Also I have another one movieclip that builded with on similiar conditions. But verifyer of adwords can't detect my tagClick in the swf file when I'm trying to upload it like the first one. Why? I tried to rebuild that movie clip couple times, tried to change order of the layers, tried to put that code on the first frame but with no success too. Tried to relogin to adwords but problem not in that becaue I can upload the first one with no problem. So if anybody had the same problem please help me. What's the matter? What I'm doing wrong? What's wrong with my SWF? May be some specific rules that I missed. Size of flash movieclip is ok. Everything should work but it's not.

Additional info:

Flash CS5, Action script 3.0

Re: ClickTag in the Flash SWF can't be detected by adwords. The similar one works. Why?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I converted Flash Project File to version CS4 and exported to SWF. And it works!

Still don't know what is the problem was, also it's weird because the first one was CS5 version.

When I pressed save as CS4 it shows me a warning that said some components will be deleted because CS4 not support it. May be taht was the reson. After exporting Adobe Flash creating some additional file of SWZ format.

textLayout_1.0.0.595 - sample of the name

May be my ClickTag was contained in that file.. 

Question is still opened... Any Ideas?

Re: ClickTag in the Flash SWF can't be detected by adwords. The simila

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I just confirmed what you were seeing. I must have spent 3 hours playing with the clickTag code and found your thread. After saving as CS4 document, I was able to upload the swf into Google. Its a AS3 document.