AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Cleaning up my account after it was hacked

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My ad words account has been banned after being hacked how can I delete the account and start fresh?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hello @Dr George K,

Currently Google does'nt provide an option to delete your adwords account completely.

Instead you can cancel your account and reactivate when needed in future.

Thanks,

Manikandan G.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Dr George K,

You can cancel your AdWords account at any time. This will automatically stop all your ads within 24 hours. You'll still need to pay for any accrued costs in your account, though. If you have money left in your account, we'll refund it to your payment method, but refunds can take up to 4 weeks to process.

If you want to use AdWords again in the future, you can reactivate your account at any time, and your details will still be there. You can also access the data in your account after you cancel it because the account is still tied to your email address.

Canceling your AdWords account is different from deleting your Google Account. When you cancel your AdWords account, you stop your ad serving, but you're still able to access the account later. When you delete your Google Account, all products associated with that account will be canceled, and you'll be unable to access the accounts in the future. Your Gmail username will also be deleted and can't be used again in the future. Learn more about deleting your Google Account.

Further, it may be best to contact AdWords Support and bring them in on what has happened so that you can use AdWords again. If your account has been banned, simply cancelling it will not remove the ban... the ban will be against your Google Account, your name, your website and company. If you open another account to try and circumvent the rules, you will most-likely get hit with a lifetime ban of AdWords. It is very important that you realize the severity of the situation and deal with it accordingly. 

Another option is to find a badged Google Partner or another type of AdWords professional or agency to take over your advertising and work with Google to accept your website again. They would still have issues using your AdWords account but could possibly work on the issue for you. 

Please let us know if we can help further.

Kind Regards,

James

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

First, Have gained again control over the account?

Follow the online step by step instructions in this link;
http://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/2364595?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’