AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Clarifification of promotion on affiliates

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I know we cannot link to an offsite affiliate site as our landing page 

But can we have a landing page on our site and that page has a link to our affiliate program ?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Clarifification of promotion on affiliates

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Carl K,

Affiliate is a sensitive topic with AdWords. A link to affiliate site may or may not be allowed because it may or may not violate AdWords policies. A lot depends on the review of real scenario. As we cannot see your landing page, it would be difficult to advise on it. 

However, I would like to tell you that an affiliate link may be allowed only in the events when your website bring more value to visitors and offers them  a better experience.

For instance, if you have a website where users see an image of the product and the 'buy now' button which when clicked takes users to the main merchant website for the purchase, it won't be allowed. Why? Because, it does not offer any better experience to users, you are bringing users to your website simply to make them click the 'buy now' button. 

But, if you write a great review for the product, share your own genuine experience with the product, give users additional information which may not be available with main merchant's website, in such a scenario, you add more value and your link to affiliate website may be allowed. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.