AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Christmas crackers ads disapproved

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI,

We are a Christmas crackers manufacturer in the UK and make crackers to order only. www.simplycrackers.co.uk

We have advertised with Google adwords in previous years, no problem. But recently, all our campaigns have been suspended or disapproved because of the "explosives" content of a Christmas cracker.

First of all, Christmas crackers are not considered Dangerous Goods for the Purpose of selling, transporting and using them inside the UK.They do not cause any damages to people and they do not explode. They make a crack noise when pulled, but they do not ignite a fire or an explosion. 

The point is, there are shops selling Christmas crackers, and they all advertise with google adwords. Google it and you will see which shops sell them. 

So can someone please explain to me, what specifically I need to do to edit in my ads campaign to have my ads approved again?. If I remove the word "crackers" from the extension line, it doesn't reflect the true nature of the product. Plus, like I said, other shops are doing it and their campaigns are running, so there must be a trick to it. Any insights over this would be greatly appreciated from anyone within this community.

with thanks

Geine Pressendo

1 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Geine P

What message are you getting on Disapproved AD?

Thanks,

Aslam

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The message I get is that: it doesn't comply with their explosive policy.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ad Campaign Ad group Status Impr. Interactions Interaction rate Avg. cost Cost

Christmas crackers Make Christmas Crackers Ad group paused 0 -- -- -- £0.00

Christmas crackers Christmas Ad group paused 0 -- -- -- £0.00

Christmas crackers Christmas Gifts Site suspended 0 -- -- -- £0.00

Christmas crackers Christmas Crackers Site suspended 0 -- -- -- £0.00

Christmas crackers Crackers Ad group paused 0 -- -- -- £0.00

Christmas crackers Wedding crackers Site suspended 0

Re: Christmas crackers ads disapproved

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

As per this, your site is suspended.

You must get an email from the Google Support regarding the site suspension.

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

If the site was suspended, then it's not an issue with ad copy. Maybe this product is known to people in the UK, but there is no content on site stating that these are in fact not explosives. Perhaps try adding some content about the construction of the product, and the fact that it's not explosives, then try contacting Google to get the issue resolved. You are going to have to make some kind of change to the site before Google will review it, if for no other reason than they know you are actually trying to comply.

Tom

Re: Christmas crackers ads disapproved

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Please review the Policy;

The following is not allowed:

Products that are designed to explode and could cause damage to nearby people or property

Examples: Nail bomb, chemical bomb, any fireworks that explode, firecrackers, grenades

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6014299?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’